Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Special Edition of Political Hope Radio Show

Are you planning to watch or listen to Rick Warren's Presidential Forum this Saturday night? ... We'll you're going to need a place to vent afterwards ... and I mean without beer cans.


Join me on The Word, 99.3 / 98.5 FM Radio in Austin, or on-line at http://www.theword993.com/. We'll analyze Warren's program and take live calls, so you can "vent" from 9 - 10pm CST.


Saddleback Church and Faith in Public Life will co-host the "Civil Forum on Leadership and Compassion" this Saturday evening from 7-9 pm CST. Pastor Rick Warren and the Presidential nominees will be dealing with issues such as poverty, AIDS, the climate and human rights. The forum will be simulcast live on The Word. You can read more details on the forum using the following links.


Saddleback Civil Forum - Event web site


Rick Warren on His Upcoming Presidential Forum - One News Now


Pastor Snags Obama, McCain for Joint Appearance - CNN

"Well, I don't support anybody for president publicly. I never endorse. I never campaign. You know, as a pastor, I don't really think that's my role. I have to shepherd both sides of the flock. And I have a church full of Democrats and a church full of Republicans and a church full of independents. So, I think they're both amazing men. I've known them for a long time. They're both very, very different. They have both different theories of government, different theories of leadership, different approaches to life. And I -- what I do is I think, because I know them, I think I can set up an environment that people can actually say, oh, so that's what that guy's really like. And I think I can do that for both John and for Barack." - Pastor Rick Warren, Saddleback Church

Join me live on-air this Saturday night at 9pm CST, and let's vent ...

No comments: