Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Is Jillian Michaels Mean to the Biggest Losers?

There is one reality show my wife likes; it's The Biggest Loser. She sees people that care about each other, have a unified purpose, and can truly empathize with one another, while competing to loose weight.


The question I have for you is this ...


Is Jillian Michaels mean to her losers?

Think about it. Jillian gets in those women's face. She shakes her finger at them, and tells them to get off their ___ ___ and do the exercises. Jillian is like a Drill Sergeant. She is pushy, demanding, and near brutal in her drive to knock the pounds off of the contestants.


Is that mean? Or is that compassionate? Does it best reflect hate, love, or indifference?


"The Biggest Loser" TV show illustrates what America has forgotten. Good is not easy. Wrong is easy. Love isn't a push-over. Love drives toward what is right and true, and doesn't cave into what is wrong. Rather than let loved ones eat unhealthy diets for years and years, love will take strong action to protect and bring change.


In the case of gay sex, rather than be bold enough to warn men of the associated health risks, people cave into saying its okay. Nothing could be farther from the truth! Men having sex with men (MSM) is more risky than obesity, and our society is largely silent on both issues. Take a look at what the CDC says about MSM.

What do you think? ...
Is Jillian Michaels Mean to her losers?

1 comment:

Crowm said...

I haven't wathced the last few seasons. When I get a chance, Shae and I watch together. We disagree about Jillian. If ever a contestant on the show, I choose her. Shae thinks she's "over the top" mean.

I guess I like it rough, cut and dry, black and white. Just tell me the truth and if that entails getting in my face and making me angry so be it. If that person is genuine and sincerely cares about me, it's all for the best.

The problem is, most people just want to hear what they want to hear. They get offended. Eugene Peterson calls it "The Replacement Trinity." We've replaced Yahweh with the trinity of Holy Needs, Holy Wants, and Holy Feelings. I think he's on to something.

Blessings,
Your FAT Brother!